I have several scratches on my violin, including one that is pretty bad. I want to wait until next year to get it fixed, but I’m not sure that’s a good idea. I don’t want to be without it while learning Christmas songs. I can switch the strings on my cheap left-handed violin while it’s in the shop, but it won’t be the same sound.
What do you think? Is it safe to wait two months?