Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Claudio Freire
    Participant

I believe this space should also be used for very beginners to share their experience, so I got brave enough to post this video of me playing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” from lesson 04. Please close your ears and bare with me :-). I neve touched a violin prior to those last two weeks.

“Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” – 15 days

#8569 Reply

William Bickerstaff
    Participant

It’s a good thing to get used to being recorded early on. I am more nervous playing before a video recorder than I do in person, but I can imagine that if you get rid of the recorder jitters, then in person would even be easier.
    Your intonation (playing in tune), after so little time playing, in short, excellent. I am sure that this will only get better with time.
    Why do you use the mute?

#8570 Reply

Danny Block
    Participant

Great start ..but I was wondering about the mute too. If you can do without it do so its not good training.

#8577 Reply

Claudio Freire
    Participant

Hi, I really appreciate that guys, thanks a lot for your feedback.
    The reason for the mute is that I was practicing after 10 PM and I live in an apartment building. The mute helps to keep it down a little.

#8580 Reply

Dianne Adkins

Great start Claudio, really! I agree, no mute when you can, so you can work with actual tone. It looked like maybe you could tighten up the bow a bit. Nice independent fingers on the left hand and bow grip looks good. Use the bow fingers to ‘squeeze’ the bow for more weight into the string. It doesn’t take much. Experiment with how much ‘weight’ you need to make a good sound. Last thing, what kind of strings are you using? They sound like steel, and maybe a new set of Red Label Super Sensitive strings would be a good investment. Thanks for sharing!

#8588 Reply

Claudio Freire
    Participant

Thank you for your tips Dianne, they are all noted. Yes, I also agree with you all…I will use the mute to the minimal. I am not sure which strings I am using, it is a brand new violin and they are the originals strings. I will check the strings you suggested out.

#8600 Reply

Anteros
    Participant

Everything that I would have said is already covered but I thought I’d say good job and keep it up. 🙂

#8618 Reply

Claudio Freire
    Participant

Thanks Anteros, I am working hard to improve myself each day.

#8740 Reply

Priscilla
    Participant

Amazing, keep it up!!!

#8764 Reply

Joanna Johnson
    Participant

Very good work! Your bow strokes are sounding very consistent and smooth. Just watch the placement of your 3rd finger. Aim for it to be right next to your 2 for this piece. Otherwise you had great intonation on all other notes! Keep it up!! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
Reply To: 15 days – Lesson 04
Your information: